Advantages of Responsive Web DesignGenerally, a responsive website is the most practical and effective way to go. Obviously, it’s more efficient to manage one website versus two. Beyond that …
- Having two websites confuses visitors who want to visit you online via mobile phone and desktop.
- Having two websites dilutes SEO, and is likely to increase the cost and complexity of SEO, PPC and other forms of Internet marketing.
Advantages of a Separate Mobile WebsiteA separate mobile website has one advantage — delivering the best possible UX to mobile users. A mobile website gives designers complete freedom to cater to mobile user preferences. For instance, a mobile site can be jam-packed with images and video with very little content, and can have a slimmed-down shopping cart for 10 of the most popular products rather than the desktop site that has a complex cart for 1,000 items. A separate mobile site may be the better option if …
- Your company has an extensive e-commerce site and wants to offer mobile users a simpler shopping experience.
- Your company has a very high percentage of mobile traffic.
- Your company has a very high percentage of mobile conversions.